Friday, April 1, 2016

A: Avalon

I decided not to do A-Z this year so this post will not be about Avalon or anything else to do with the letter A.

OK. That is completely not true. The above sentence is an April Fool's joke because it is the first of April which means don't re-post any news you hear today without double checking it but also means that today is the first day of 2016 A-Z blogging challenge.

Yay!

Avalon

"Apple island" (Did Gawain invent that as a place of magic, just wondering. He does love his apples)

In WHITE HART Avalon is a place inside the otherworld but in legend it is where Arthur's sword was forged and where he is taken as he is dying.

Geoffrey of Manmouth

Battle of Camlann

Ruled my Morgan le fey

Glastonbury --sometimes associated with the real live place of

Atlantis

A place of seeking. Romantic longing. Myth. Magic. Inner world brought into our outer world.




10 comments:

  1. LOL - love the April's Fools joke aspect. Great start for AtoZ

    ~Rhonda from AlbomAdventures.com
    Ninja minion for Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew Avalon meant Place of Apples. Interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the April Fools joke :-) I used to be so into the King Arthur legend, then it just faded. I think I'm going to get back into it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never figure out it's an April fools joke until I've believed it first... lol

    Interesting story about Avalon... I've never heard of it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. J here, stopping by from the #atozchallenge - where I am part of Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team.
    How has the first week of the challenge been for you so far? Are you meeting your goals of posting and hopping to other blogs?
    My blog has a giveaway with bonus a to z challenges to encourage people to visit more stops.
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
    Did you ever get the impression that the joke won? Because... umm... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Visiting from the minion dungeons, and noticed you haven't posted since the letter A. Hope you're OK.

    I have stories to tell. No apples (so far, anyway), but there just might be green blood and pointed ears...

    Boldly Going Through the Alphabet!
    @shanjeniah
    Part-Time Minion for Holton's Heroes
    shanjeniah's Lovely Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, hey! I hope you're doing okay. It's been a while since you posted. It happens to us all, for me it's usually when things are going so sell. If you need to talk or advice or anything I can help with shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry guys. That was a prepped post I never finished. Obviously I've been away from the blogging world for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Taryn, just a friendly heads-up that I'm taking you off the list for the Do You Have a Goal bloghop. You're welcome to join in again anytime.

    Have a wonderful 2017!

    ReplyDelete