Monday, January 4, 2010

'A Conspiracy of Kings' Count down.

I love to read. (shocker right?) I love to see books that are just masterfully crafted. I love getting lost inside their pages. I love trying to figure out exactly how the authors manage to keep us all so spell bound. Thus I was overjoyed when I discovered that Megan Whelan Turner, author of The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Attolia was releasing a new book this year. A Conspiracy of Kings, set to be released March 10th. That gives me 65 days to drool with anticipation.

In honor of Megan Whelan Turner's genius with plot and character and because I know my mind will be rather . . . preoccupied with the excitement, I will be conducting a count down. I will re-read the rest of the books in the series, as well as her collection of short stories and analyze the works from a writer's prospective (because what better way to improve my writing than to learn from the masters) and a reader's prospective (because I love a good book and think they should be praised). To begin, here is the url of a rather fascinating interview I found with Megan Whelan Turner.

http://hipwritermama.blogspot.com/2009/11/wbbt-megan-whalen-turner.html

No comments:

Post a Comment