Monday, February 7, 2011

Daniel Merriam

Last time I was down in Seaport Village I came across work by an artist I've never heard of before hanging in the art gallery.



Delicous. Whimsy. Magical. Wonderlandesque. So of course I had to come home and look up some more of Daniel Merriam's work.





He creates worlds I just want to sink into and his characters are so exotic and adorable.





Or dramatic and a little bit frightening.






I could definately spend a day here. Or a lifetime.



Kinuko Kraft may now be second dream choice for paining my book covers.







Unless I could get them to colaborate.

I guess that's enough eye candy for the day. Happy Writing friends.


(don't forget to send in a story for this month's Literary Idol Challenge: The "Ode" before the fourteenth)

3 comments:

  1. I like them! They're so delicate and lovely, but with a tiny bit of danger to them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these! They almost like part they're of a pop-up book. I especially love the last one with the castle at sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those! The whimsical quality that isn't quite innocent.
    I haven't figured out my Ode entry yet, but I'm mulling. :)
    BTW, you have an award at
    http://courtlyromance.blogspot.com/2011/02/on-blogging-and-new-award.html

    ReplyDelete