Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors

Here is another snippet of my upcoming book Snow Roses. I hope you enjoy it along with the rest of the Weekend Writing Warriors excerpts.

It might be worth mentioning that the "I" in this snippet is a different narrator than before.

There. I'd done it. I'd stepped out of the village. Farther from home than I'd ever been before. Farther than any of the villagers had gone.
Any of the live ones that is.
I moved forward. The jitters fluttering through my chest dissolved as I turned the constant steps, one after the other, into a kind of rhythmic dance. My fingers and nose turned numb with cold.



4 comments:

  1. I like the narrator keeping her nerves at bay with the rhythm of the steps, and also the numb nose. :)

    I'd also like to know why the act of leaving the village is so different and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if she's going on an adventure that not many have returned from. I'm intrigued to know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice imagery. Enjoyed the snippet and want to know where the steps will take your character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, it's very intriguing and the imagery is amazing. It looks like it could be a very exciting read. Well done!
    I love to read peoples post but I actually have an ulterior motive for visiting your blog today. I am trying to help a little dog called Mako. Mako was rescued from a life that had been spent tied on a roof in Peru. as a result of his time spent out in the burning sun Mako developed Cancer, which means his life expectancy is now uncertain. As Mako is looking for his forever home, his cancer proves a big problem. Finding someone willing to take on a dog with no idea how long he might live is a difficult task. Suzanne Yancey has asked for me to help and I am asking fellow bloggers to do the same. Mako's only hope comes from reaching as many people as possible. Perhaps you could pop over to my blog and take a look at Mako's post there and maybe, if you have the time, create a post to help spread the word about his predicament. Thanks Joss.

    ReplyDelete