Monday, February 1, 2016

Return of a Wandering Soul



Hello. Remember me? Probably not. I used to write here at this blog then I disappeared into the web of life, returned promising posts and promptly disappeared again. I am back. I intend to stay for awhile yet, ranting and rambling about books and writing and metaphysics.

I am hoping that I can transform Taliesin to more of a discussion forum than it has been in past. I get a bit tired of talking about me and my experiences with words all the time (not that you won't still find the occasional, indulgent rant). I would like to present a topic, give my twenty cents on the subject, then see what you have to say. I will do my best to respond to all comments but please feel free to continue discussing any subject among yourselves with or without my input.

I would like Taliesin to become a kind of virtual salon (the seventeenth century French kind) where you can come and explore one another's ideas. If I could serve you coffee and rich, sugary delicacies while you chat I would (Consequently you may see the odd recipe on here from here on out. I have become a shameless foodie but I will try to at least keep the food loosely related to literature).

Other things to look out for here on Taliesin:

Monthly give away of Taliesin in its zine form (To enter simply share or tweet any Taliesin blog post during the month. A name will be taken from one of my many hats at the end of the month)
Character interviews where your characters get to come up and tell us all about themselves
Reader interviews in which you get to come up and tell us all about yourself
My poetry (Possibly accompanied by videos of me practicing for poetry open mics. So scary!!)
Book reviews
Recipes
Indulgent rants about literature and who we are as a race, as a society, and as individuals.
And, of course, information about my books Snow Roses, White Hart, and the upcoming sequel to White Hart


I hope to see you all around. It feels good to be back. 

5 comments:

  1. Taryn, I am glad to hear you are going to stick around... blogging is very rewarding even if it is a bit time consuming... xox

    I want to thank you so much for the incredibly wonderful comment you left me on my blog, I really appreciate it xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for returning the visit and for the inspiring blog post :-)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Taryn! Thank you so much for stopping by earlier today. Our return blogoversaries are a day apart! It's funny.. I've stopped by a few other bloggers, and noticed that they too have recently returned, and everyone seems to be thinking along the same lines.. revamping to make their blogs a little more personal, and more of... well.. them! Looking forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does seem like a good time to return doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Hi, Taryn. Thanks for stopping by my blog--and for your kind words. I'm glad you decided to give Weekend Writing Warriors a try. I came looking for your post--though it's not officially due to be live until 9:00 AM Eastern USA. I'll check back tomorrow. :-) !

    ReplyDelete